Thursday, July 9, 2009

Thank you for joining the Thompson family


A really great company made me a job offer last night. Yep, things come full circle in the world sometimes. My new office will be less than 5 minutes from where my old house used to be. I had trepidation about this one but wowed everyone and am making things happen in my world. FINALLY.

I will be doing a really fun job, full of time spent defining processes and making things run smoothly. I get to learn a new business and get quickly up to speed on some very important details. I will learn to code like a monkey and to weave dreams in my sleep.

I love my soon-to-be coworkers. I received an email from the team this morning that had a subject line that I posted in the title. "Thank you for joining the Thompson* family. Your life is about to change.... are you bringing us monkeys?"

Change is good but it's always rather scary. For me, this change has been a long time coming. The last time I had a job in my field was October 2007. I've been employed doing a "get by" job for a long time, making very little money with the added perk of harassment from my boss and high stress and it's been soul crushing and financially devastating, to say the least. But this time, I held on to the dream of being back in an office, having a fantastic boss and learning something new while I do what I do best. Which happens to be most things.

I have written almost every day here, for a very long time, and I hope to keep up the good work. But if you don't see me as much, it's just because I have a crazy good life that gets me one step closer to that big porch with a beautiful view, a hand to hold and a dog to warm my feet.


*Names have been changed to protect the not-so-innocent and the monkeys.

10 comments:

  1. YAY!!! You deserve it, and it sounds like SUCH a good fit for you.

    Now you have a new place for the office monkeys ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am extremely happy for you!
    Just think and remember as a lesson last week.. Things do improve!
    (Yes that is one for me as well)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME!!!! Congratulations. I'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh oh oh....great news!!! I'm so thrilled for you....

    Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great news!!

    I'll miss your posts on your blog though, but the big porch with the beautiful view is more important!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and monkeys. ;)

    Congrats, Chica! Knock 'em dead! I think you'll be the star in that family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope it is everything you are hoping for and congratulations are definitely in order.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You go girl and we understand the need to have priorities and that you would not be here as often. We wish you the best :D

    Keep well PG :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! Live well and live long my friend...can I call you friend?

    ReplyDelete