Sunday, July 26, 2009

Not always the ice queen

It kind of speaks for itself.



Or so I thought. I had 12 comments on this when I woke up, most (but not all) of them angry. So no comments on this blog. You just get to listen and read and enjoy. I won't let anyone make this song feel bad because it feels like it's about me.

Well, then. How about a little explanation?

Here are the words to the song that have meaning to me:

Her Diamonds
by Rob Thomas
Oh what the hell she says
I just can't win for losing
And she lays back down
Man there's so many times
I don't know what I’m doin'
Like I don't know now

By the light of the moon
She rubs her eyes
Says it's funny how the night
Can make you blind
I can just imagine
And I don't know what I’m supposed to do
But if she feels bad then I do too
So I let her be

And she says oh
I can't take no more
Her tears like diamonds on the floor
And her diamonds bring me down
Cuz I can't help her now
She’s down in it
She tried her best and now she can't win it's
Hard to see them on the ground
Her diamonds falling down

She sits down and stares into the distance
And it takes all night
And I know I could break her concentration
But it don't feel right

By the light of the moon
She rubs her eyes
Sits down on the bed and starts to cry
And there's something less about her
And I don't know what I’m supposed to do
So I sit down and I cry too
And don't let her see

She shuts out the night
Tries to close her eyes
If she can find daylight
She’ll be all right
She’ll be all right
Just not tonight

Rob Thomas has obviously been fortunate enough in his life to have found a woman who tells him to leave her be when she needs to work on something by herself. In this song, he explains that it kills him to not be able to help her or fix it (he is a boy, after all) but that she has to do it alone. I like the way the video ends - she's standing in the sunlight, made it on her own, and her skin starts to dry as she basks in the sun.

Yep, that's me.

3 comments:

  1. Nothing wrong with being icy when you have a fucking loser with a sexual problem stalking you. And if he persists, because I will write it ALL OVER THE INTERNET, TREVOR THOMPSON!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kitty...You need to change your name to.
    Stop Following Me Around Or I Will Cut Your Tiny Balls Off Kitty!

    PG...Have a Warm Week...:P

    ReplyDelete
  3. This wasn't about you, was it??

    You will melt when you want to melt (and with who you want to melt with)...& not by pressure or pity.

    I don't know what's going on here, but I don't like him already.

    PS - The song I like.

    ReplyDelete