Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Oops, I did it again

I spend more time in my mornings reading the musings of my blog friends. I wonder how I'll make time to keep this up next week, when the full time job added to the part time job mean I'm working 60 hour weeks?

I guess I'm not really that worried. After all, this is my favorite part of my day - to see what's up in Englad at Joey's, in Oklahoma at Annie's and in Alabama at Grammie's. Then there's Fireblossom, Scarlet and Darth Weasel, Rich in Boston and Whitemist in Connecticut. It begs to wonder - how did I find all these people that I consider friends?

I started writing with nobody watching except my best friend Riot Kitty. I wandered through her blog and looked at her friend's blogs to see who I might like to read occasionally. Then it expanded as I have added friends of friends and other random people who've stopped by my blog. I can probably thank G-Man and his Friday Flash 55 Fiction for the most new views and comments. Thanks! Oh, and just for fun, here's a little brainworm that reminds me of the whole process...



I watch all of these people on a regular basis, I have ended up with favorites that they wrote. I've always wanted to make up a blog award that shows them just how much these posts mean to me and to let them know I'm a frequent visitor and big fan.

Introducing... (drumroll please...)



Now, I can recognize all of these great people and their wonderful stories and they'll know they are appreciated by the queen of the pop tarts (Me) and will have another tasty award to add to their full cabinets of recognition.

Are you ready for the list of winners? (In alphabetical order so I don't get too harassed for putting someone else first. Sheesh, guys!) The envelope please...

Beantown Caffe - This Kid Is (Rich - by the way, I haven't made it all the way back to Repo Man posts, but I WILL!!)
Cheffie-Mom - Coming Clean
Claire at Country Mouse Tales - Cure for the Blues
The Cunning Linguaphile - Adult Devices
Darth Weasel - An Anniversary
Extra Ordinary Me - Worry Me
Fireblossom - Short Course in Ornithology
Grammie at Awaiting Buddah - Oh, my!
Granny Annie - Apology Rejected
LL Cool Joe - Pearl Fishing
Lou at Subdural Flow - Mean People Suck
G-Man - Retro Wednesday/the lanterns
The Good Mike D - WWHD
Mama Zen - Payment Plan
Mr. Riot Kitty - I am the antichrist, I am the butter man
The Naked Soul - The Magic Grocer
Pouty Baby - Survival of the Weirdest
Rabies - Livin La Vida Loca
Riot Kitty - Something for Everyone
Scarlet - A Hairy Situation
Shionge - So So Random
Whitemist - Strange Days

Now, go forth and spread the pop tart goodness.

19 comments:

  1. LOL..that is a great looking award.
    Thanks, I'm thrilled to be honored with pastries. And since I know you must have good taste, I'll check the others out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you! This is a great award, makes me feel all toasty and gooey inside! Thanks for providing all of these great links, there are many that I have not yet visited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OooooooH...
    Receiving an award by such an interesting lady such as yourself, AND whilst listening to Britney?
    My day Is COMPLETE!!!

    Thank You Rachel...You Rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I don't quite know what to say (sniff sniff)...I am deeply touched! : )

    Now, if you could spread a little milk chocolate on that sweet award I would be in Grammie Heaven!

    In all seriousness (?!)...thank you for all of your visits and for enjoying my blog. The feeling is mutual...so give yourself an award too!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hee hee! Thanks!

    PS The word verification is "ranted." HA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a creative and unique award. i am glad to post it!
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, Rach, you're the best!! :)

    Your blog is so creative and inspirational! How come you didn't make the list??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww I'm all chocked up here! What a sweet (Pun intended) award!

    I've never had a Pop Tart. Oops that sounded rude!

    So I need to spread some sweetness around right?

    Thanks buddy.

    (I need to check out your links too!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. **Sniff, sniff** It's posts like these (and awards like that) that make me wanna go home...if only I weren't having so much fun here in Miami.

    ♪...livin' la vida loca...♫

    RRRabies

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks!!! :)I will show some love!

    Pop tarts are tasty!!!

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are the coolest! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the Pop Tart award concept! What a great way for me to get to know new bloggers by clicking your links! I will be honored to bestow the Pop Tart Award on others.

    Pop Tarts are even better than eating White Fluffy Frosted Lucky Charms with marshmallow pots of gold, horseshoes, red balloons, stars, clovers, hearts, rainbows and moons.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awwww...you are so sweet PG and you know what? Blogging is the best way to embrace frendship :D

    Thanks for a wonderful journey with me too :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Why thank you, thank you. I had a speech all prepared, but when I was warming up the pop tart I got hungry and ate it, so these comments will have to suffice. I would like to thank my mother and father, the Academy, the good folks at whoever makes Pop Tarts, and of course, P.Girl for this acknowledgment of my awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete
  15. PS Mr RK says thanks. He was apparently too lazy to come leave a comment!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think your posts are just fabulous, come join my lil blog anytime! P.S Gotta love that damn Riot Kitty! She and a few others on your list are loyal readers and I appreciate them all!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have been totally discombobulated. Thank you for the pop tart award. I've thanked you for my monkeys but I failed to thank you for the magnet and for this award. I actually did not become aware of it until other winners began to appear on my door step. You have been so good to me lately that I cannot keep up with kindnesses but I am planning a reverse bestowing (assuming I return to planet earth soon.)

    ReplyDelete