Friday, July 10, 2009

Fearless


Joyful
Fearless
Alive

But fearless stays front of mind
always in the middle
missing home
as much as the feel of the skin
that held it carefully, safely is missed.

My place is empty, waiting,
aware of the vacancy of me
looking forward to the day
when emptiness is replaced
by fingers entwined, rejoicing, complete.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This Flash Fiction Friday for G-Man and the rest of you
is dedicated to Saturday night.
Want to join the party? Write a piece of fiction that is exactly 55 words.
Leave a message for the G-Man and check out at least one other 55'er from his site.


9 comments:

  1. Aww..this is very good.
    Everyone wants to "be home" whatever that means to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :)

    My word verification is "mania"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PG I gotta tell ya, I really liked this!
    You are a talented lady and have a fantastic way with words.
    Wonderful 55...
    Thanks for this marvelous contribution, and have a GREAT Week-End...G

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is why those of us who have someone tend to play matchmaker. We want everyone to be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emptiness is always filled, with something or someone...

    Great 55ve!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see the right side of your brain is very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boy does this ever resonate. You have no idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not participating in this Flash Fiction Friday but when I found your poem and your shot my heart stoped for a moment.

    I have missed my time playing with the words.
    Thank you for giving me the inspiration back!

    And you are really talented!!

    ReplyDelete