Thursday, July 30, 2009

An aside

The stories from this week are all from a dream that has repeated itself nightly over the last couple weeks. I figured an explanation was in order since people have been so kind about my story.

It's not over yet. Saturday night will most likely be the final chapter, and I intend to have a couple more chapters before that.

As for the photos, the ship image on the post Jetsam is a phenomenal shot I found on photobucket.com. It is of the Peter Iredale, which ran aground on the Oregon Coast and still can be found, although only a skeleton now, at one of my favorite beaches. It's in Astoria, Oregon. I may make my way there this weekend, since this is where the dream takes me. And I feel myself being drawn there even as you read this.



Thank you for reading, and commenting, and coming along for the ride. This time around, I don't think the down jacket you see me wearing on my last trip to this coastal town will be necessary. But it is Oregon - you never can tell.

5 comments:

  1. Is it cold out?

    Anyway, some folks just have the greatest smile, you are amongst those folks....G

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never have dreams that repeat. I am always intrigued when others do.
    So, hey tall girl, what kind of jeans are you wearing here?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting! Yes, I'd love to be wearing a jacket...right with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. FB: Well hi yourself!

    G-Man: Thanks. I do have a contagious smile, I'm told.

    Dawn: It's kind of fun. It makes it easier to remember details. It only sucks when the dreams are bad. The jeans? Abercrombie - I bought them resale.

    RK: I know. Can we have our rainy, dreary weather back, please??

    ReplyDelete