Thursday, June 18, 2009

The monkey in the middle

Rabies arrived on my pillow at 9pm last night. He spent a few weeks visiting my friend Fireblossom all the way across the country. They had great times (check out his blog to see). He came back home in the mail but I was busy and gone from the house until late in the evening. I walked the dog outside so he could chase the imaginary squirrels around the yard (there is something seriously wrong with my dog) and stepped back in to see the package on the bed. Yippee!!

Rabies has had some adventures since April when he made the log trek with us to Hood River, Kennewick, Spokane & Yakima. The kids had never ventured that far from home and I was feeling the call of the road. It was the most fun road trip I've ever been on - maybe because this was the first time ever that I was in charge of selecting destinations, choosing hotels and making stops wherever our hearts led us.

Sara loved this shop in Spokane, Boo Radleys. I'm charmed by it, too, and had to restrain myself from buying a "Spokane Marmots" t-shirt. Sean was absolutely intrigued by an exhibit of landscape paintings at the Maryhill Museum in Goldendale. This place is calling me back for another visit, most likely sans kids, so I can really look at the Rodin exhibit and do some sketching. When we traveled together, the kids were my priority and we had a blast.

So Rabies has made it a habit to travel and see new sights. He's going to settle in for a week or two but I know he'll start feeling the travel bug. If you're interested in a visit from a monkey bearing gifts, drop me a line. Rabies is ready for a new adventure! Stock up on string cheese and Cheezits, folks...

6 comments:

  1. Rabies? Who is Rabies? Stop Scaring me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm afraid it's true. Hivvy turned him on to cheez-its, and now he's got to have them. Especially the ranch twisters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rabies in Miami?? Hmm. What do you think?? Does he want to check out South Beach with me??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I should have 'splained, as my daughter loves to say.

    Rabies is a stuffed monkey with really long arms that velcro around stuff. Like my neck.

    Rabies likes to visit people and has been traveling of late.

    It looks like South Beach is his next destination. Scarlet - will you get him hooked on cafe con leche?

    ReplyDelete