Thursday, June 25, 2009

Choose an identity

Checking out my normal blog list this morning, I ran across a fun review of a video game on Mama Zen's and so, loyally, started to the comments section so I could leave one. I love her blog, by the way, and wish I'd had a cool name for the kids instead of "hey you" and "cut that out". Baby Puppy is excellent.

It asked me to "choose an identity."

Why have I not noticed that before? I mean, I could be anyone, I don't have to be me. Choose an identity. Like Tabitha from Bewitched. Or Megan Fox. Or Johnny Depp's girlfriend in A Nightmare on Elm Street.

So I sat here, pondering who I really am when I'm Pheromone Girl (still me, just poke me in the arm and I'll yelp.) And who else I would want to be.

Well, I had a weird experience with a job offer (remember all the angst about life changes? That was a big part of it...) and I want to be able to tell the story but really can't because of the possibility that my very public blog would wind up in his very judicial hands and - ouch. Lawsuit or something. Although others have been kind enough to blog on my behalf, as some of you may have seen.

My best friend and I have often talked of starting a second blog with a "secret identity" where we would be completely transparent - and able to write about anything, because it wouldn't be tied to our actual lives in any way, shape or form. And we'd like to share with anyone we know that just needs to let it all out without fear of retribution.

This blog would be available to be used by anyone who had a bad day with someone they know or doesn't feel free to speak completely openly on their blog for good reasons (my good reasons would be my teenagers and the job hunt situation). And it's about time!

So, I am opening a contest of sorts to get a good name for our blog of no consequences. Submit your blog name ideas here and the winner will get.... a monkey! I will select the monkey especially for the winner, based on their monkey likes and dislikes. And their country's animal import regulations.

As for my secret identity? I'm sure you've already met her...

9 comments:

  1. Geez as you tell from the creative naming of my blog... Joey's Pad, I'm not that good with names!!

    But I'm sure you'll have many interesting suggestions. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT!
    I like blog in a vacuum.

    or something involving Betty Page. Or monkeys. I'm not really that helpful, am I? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm...done that! it can be fun.
    Should be something not readily associated with you.
    Needs a new email account (which can be a pain cause you got to log in differently to access).
    In you're new account, be a guy, not a girl and try a different writing style.
    Do not link to your current site or maybe the other way around.
    Then visit other blogs and get other people to respond to your blog.
    If you want to be difficult try a name like "The Rock's hard place!"
    Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terra Incognita. ("unknown land")

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've gotta go with Granny Annie's suggestion. That's very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I came back to see the suggestions. Really. The suggestions. Not Betty Paige. Nope. Not me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Just the Facts??"

    I don't know; I'm not feeling all that creative right now, but I love the idea, Betty. Nice pose, btw. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. And the winner is..... Grannie Annie! She will be receiving a box full of fabulous prizes - including some flying monkies and a sign too keep near her computer that reads "I have flying monkeys.... and I'm not afraid to use them!"

    Way to go! And when you have a chance and the inclination, check out the blog at:
    http://notruthnoconsequences.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete