Thursday, June 11, 2009

Diving for pearls

It's Thursday of List Week and I was struggling to come up with a list of something that wasn't repetitive or dorky. Or both.

Visiting my blog pal LL Cool Joe, I was inspired by his thoughts on Pearl fishing and his partners very cool idea about special moments in life. And I loved the pearl he shared. "No, that's not actual fishing, but this concept of having these wonderful moments in your life that you will look back on when you are older. Pearl fishing moments."

So, This Thursday, with many, many challenges behind me for the week, I'd like to share my list of Pearls. I didn't even have to go diving for them. These are the moments in my life where something amazing has happened and they will stick with me forever. There are lots more, but these are top of mind when I think of very magical moments.

Pearls
1. Saying "I love you" surrounded by roses and a beautiful city - and having him love me, too
2. Pedicures with my best friend, Riot Kitty, the first time we hung out together
3. The first time my daughter told me "Mom, you don't know everything!" and then we both laughed hysterically
4. My son paying for breakfast when he was 12 and took me out for the first time
5. Reuniting with old friends Joyce and Traci and Felicia and knowing we just picked up where we left off
6. The first time I sang alone on a stage
7. Camping at Frog Lake as a little girl and collecting frogs in an old coffee can
8. Missing a train and being able to meet the most amazing woman with the most amazing story as I waited for the next one
9. Flying into San Francisco for the first time - early evening, flying low over the bay and all of a sudden the city appeared and lights came on. Pure magic.
10. Watching MTV when it first went on the air (Video Killed the Radio Star) (sorry for the brain worm, folks!) and knowing the world had just changed, would never be the same

Thanks, Joey, for the inspiration.

4 comments:

  1. Awwwwww! Thanks :) Sorry to steal your metaphor, but you are a gem! And I am going to steal this idea for a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving the lists! How cool is that random meeting at the train station!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! You are like the queen of serendipity! I love it! :)

    PS - I've always wanted to visit San Francisco and travel by train. I'm adding those two to my bucket list!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. RK: Thanks - steal away!
    Dawn: Me, tto. It's been fun!
    Trains and San Fran can be part of our whirlwind world tour, Scarlet!

    ReplyDelete