Wednesday, June 10, 2009

LIST WEEK part III


Uninspired, I decided I'd share my thoughts on how I'd spend $1,000,000. If I had it. Which I don't. But that's half the fun!

1. I'd pay off all of the debt held by the people I love (I have little but I know my brothers have lots). I would surprise friends with CDs - the banking kind, not the music kind. Spoil people a bit.
2. I'd buy a little cabin someplace where I could escape to write.
3. I'd quit my job (which gives me fits most days) and look for a part time job doing something important like teaching preschoolers fingerpainting.
4. I'd travel a bit. I have this dream of going to every state and seeing a professional sporting event in all the good spots. Oh, and I'd like to visit a warm, sunny beach and a cold, snowy mountain now and again.
5. I'd go to college - full time, without the job on the side, and end up without any debt. That would be pretty cool.
6. I'd rent a nice place to live and not worry every month on the 30th how I was going to make it through for the next 30 days.
7. I'd donate a lot of time to worthy causes.
8. I'd practice random acts of kindness. Leave big bags of dog food for the homeless people on the onramps instead of the little ones I leave now. Buy coffee for the girl in line behind me. Donate money to animal shelters anonymously.
9. I'd set up savings accounts for both the kids that they could use for college, weddings, buying a house - or traveling through Europe.
10. I'd start a non-profit that helps struggling parents take care of their children during difficult times. I'd do the same thing for street people with pets.

Heady stuff, the idea that I could do some good if I won some cash. I am so lucky, though, to have enough today and to feel blessed with abundance now.

5 comments:

  1. You are so sweet! The only times I wish I had more cash are when I wish I could help more people...see, you know we're related ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny how the really good people would do the same with their winnings if they had them...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, Bosco SO approves of the dog food idea!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you get this money, erm, I could do with a few new caps and some bling. ;)

    Cool list.

    ReplyDelete