Monday, May 4, 2009

Monday on the pond with ducklings

After weeks of wondering when we'd see the first new offspring, I have discovered our first hatchlings that made their way out into the world. They were swimming madly around the gigantic casting pond yesterday. 11 ducklings, all about the size of a coffee cup. Still very fluffy and yellow, they are probably only a couple weeks old. I wonder when they begin to show signs of their male or female coloring?

We have been without internet at home since the big storms on Saturday, which seemed to knock my modem out for good. Once we're back online, the kids owe everyone a final blog about their trip (or they get bad grades on their assignments - fear = motivation) and Rabies will be starting his own blog this week, with the encouragement of my buddy Fireblossom.

Rabies misses being on the road and is planning to visit the country - and the world - to see any of my blogger friends that would like a visit. He likes to see the sites and is a camera junkie so some fun stories and photos should ensue. Drop me a line if you'd like to join the fun!

6 comments:

  1. Feel free to come out this way :) So how are you blogging if no internet connection is available? Telepathy? Wishing makes it so? Oh wait...you're not a freak or a Republican.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the clarification. It's nice to know you're funny even when under the weather!

    I have myself planted in my favorite coffee shop with wifi. And am oatmeal cookie the size of Portland is keeping me company, along with a certain 6 year old that is just as lost without her internet as I am!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Rabies,

    Come on-a my house, my house-a come on;
    Come on-a my house, my house-a come on;
    Come on-a my house, my house, I'm goona geev-a you peach and pear and I love your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know how I'd live without the internet. I'm in the process of buying myself one of those really small dairy size laptops for holidays because it pisses me off having to share the other laptop with my partner and kids! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way too cute to see the duckling there PG :) What a shot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fireblossom: He's on his way!!!

    Joe: I can so relate. We only had 2 laptops on vacation last week and I had to SHARE mine. I guess I don't share well.

    Shionge: Thanks! I love my new camera.

    ReplyDelete