Friday, May 1, 2009

"I don't know"

It was another interesting day on the road trip. We spent a bunch of time on the road and had some fun in between.

We started packing at about 11:30. We were slowly making our way out the door and when we still had about half of our stuff in the hotel room. We had about 5 minutes to get out. We were in a frantic rush to get out by checkout time at noon.

After getting the car loaded, we decided to go to a couple malls in Spokane. The first mall was kind of boring because it just had a Barnes & Nobel and empty building space. Then the second mall was cool and had a bunch of fun stores and Sara and mom went on the carousel. Sara rode a goat. Mom almost threw up because she was on the miniature pony. The girls say it went really fast, but I'm not buying it.

We went to this cool store called Boo Radley's - where we went because mom's friend Trevor said we had to and because it had a cool name. But Sara keeps giving me grief because I don't know what the name has to do with To Kill a Mockingbird so I guess I'd better read it and find out. I got a cool t-shirt and the crocodile from Pearls Before Swine.

We drove to Yakima, almost getting lost a couple times (hey - no we didn't!) and we stopped at McDonald's in Ritzville. Everyone kept staring at Sara's but this time nobody took any pictures.

We finally arrived in Yakima and we went the wrong way on the street trying to find the hotel. We brought all our stuff in from the car and went on a quest to find a good place to eat food.

After about 5 minutes of driving we found a nice restaurant called Tony's. It was a really fancy restaurant at the west end of town in Yakima. We were driving by and it looked really good so we decided to go in. It only took a couple minutes for us to get seated. They had really delicious food. I ordered the pork chops, Sara got the Kobe Prime Rib and mom got the Kobe beef salad.

After we ordered, the owner and his wife came up and introduced themselves and talked to us for a while. I was surprised when he told me he was "Tony" because I thought he would have been an Italian guy. The owner and the waitress and everyone else were really nice.

When we left, Sara forgot her purse. We went back in to get it and Mom tried to drive around to pick us up but got stuck at a light and we ran back and forth until she finally got there.

When we were settled in for the night, Sara kept sitting on my crocodile so I put him on the fridge where she couldn't sit on him anymore.

8 comments:

  1. Sean is frequently saying "I don't know" with the accent on the don't. It's his phrase, his thing, and I love it. Nicely done as guest blogger, man. You've made this an awesome trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the stuffed animal picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like it's isn't just Mom that knows how to write a good story then?

    Sounds like you spend a hell of a lot of time eating on this road trip!

    So how many times did Mom get lost? :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another good job Sean. I am most eager now for you to read TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD. It is a requirement for growing up properly don't you know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Driving on the wrong side of the road, riding a goat, putting crocodiles on the fridge...you're a fun bunch!

    I love it...another great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny stuff. That crocodile looks like EGBAR. Good memories. I would say enjoy Yakima but...well...its Yakima so I can't. But enjoy the rest of the trip

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun! Great photos! Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ullo, zeeba nayba. You looking tired. Pleeze lay down in dees here barbecue pit. Me will put bbq sauce, er, I mean, suntan lotion on you. We be best nayba frenz, k? ;-)

    I love the "Pearls" crocs, they are so retarded!

    ReplyDelete