Monday, April 20, 2009

Your wish is my command

I really wanted to be able to do some bigtime work in the yard but am on a teensy budget at the moment. I sat outside yesterday, watching the neighbor haul load after load of dirt in his wheelbarrow, moving it to the back yard. I wanted to help but had work to do. I wished I had enough money to have some dirt brought in so I can enjoy my yard even more, maybe some extra for a little gravel to build a patio outside my back door.

Well, this morning there were "Free" signs on the rest of the dirt and gravel piles. I spent the last hour hauling as much as my little arms can carry. I left a thank you note stating I will finish hauling dirt and clean up after the piles as soon as I get my second wind. My wish was the neighbors pleasure - they would like to be able to park in their driveway again. I wanted dirt.

It's a magnificent wonder to me that things work out when I have faith. It's being restored in so many ways right now, and I have a feeling this is just the beginning. Good things are afoot. And I have my hopes up. Way up.

Anybody need a workout? There's dirt to move!

6 comments:

  1. You know I'd be there in a heartbeat if I lived closer to help you move that dirt, PG. As a matter of fact, I'd help you plant a tree after we got our second winds. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I will help you when I get back. Deal?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is indeed cool that you got some dirt. Even cooler that you know what do do with it. Go go gadget gardener :_0

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, so what will you do with the dirt? Sounds funny, I think here in the UK we'd call that soil. Dirt to us would be a pile of old muck. Or maybe it is?

    If I lived close by, like not across the pond, I'd go digging with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. DIRT?!? Yick, no way, get someone else to help you! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scarlet: We could plant a palm so I feel like you're close by!

    RK: You're on. I'm going shopping for plants when I'm back from my road trip. I even have gloves for you!

    Darth: I have laughed for days after reading your new moniker for me. I'll never be able to look at my yard the same way!

    Joe: Funny you should mention that. The people who "bought" this "dirt" think they got a great deal. It isn't even topsoil, no nutrients to speak of. I'm spoiled and wanted something with mushroom compost or steer manure in it so my plants thrive.

    Fireblossom: So I'll just send you the pretty pictures of my flowers when they bloom!!!

    ReplyDelete