Wednesday, April 22, 2009

It's early, or is it late?


Sleep was hiding from me last night. I got a lot of writing in. Sent an email or two to very important people that are too far away. I started writing this at 5am pacific time. Does that make it really early - or really late?

I just read my horoscope for today, courtesy of astrology.com. It even has a cool headline.

Unstoppable
It doesn't matter if you're trying to keep your mouth or your body moving. This is definitely the best time to work at either project. Your mercurial skills -- and your restlessness -- will be running on high. Your quest: force yourself to breathe in between witty phrases and deft movements.


Well then, maybe it started last night. I have stuff on my mind. Big, important stuff. What will I plant to keep all that newly moved dirt in place? What am I going to do in a car with two teenagers for 5 days and 4 nights, traipsing all over the state of Washington (on the worlds longest field trip)? Why am I so easily distracted these days?

And I feel restless. I actually started training in a martial art so I'd learn to slow down. Take deep breaths. Just BE. And it works sometimes.

Not last night. The possibilities in the world are endless and I am having a difficult time wrapping my brain around one of them. So off I go to do a little tai chi. Alone, mindful and centered - that's how I plan to spend my morning.

If that doesn't work, there's always pop tarts and coffee.

4 comments:

  1. Yikes. So when is the field trip, and why? You should stop and visit my grandfather and spit on him ;) Or smite his ass with a rod.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strawberry pop tarts or tai chi? Hmmm.

    I like the title of your horoscope, btw, and I know you're a thinker. You will find your way and make the right choices; of this I'm certain.

    Good luck crusin' around with teenagers. I think the Thelma and Louise idea would be better, but hey, that's just one redhead's opinion. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't sleep well either, my mind is full of all these worries both big and small. Instead of tai chi, I pray. But if that doesn't work there's always donuts and coffee for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. RK: I will never, ever, ever be able to think of your grandfather and his booming voice again without remembering that moment when the kids heard him say that. Lord have mercy on my evil soul...

    Scarlet: Hi! This is just practice for a much bigger road trip I'm plotting. In a big old convertible. Route 66. Full of girls. Are you in?

    Joe: I have a hard time praying for myself. I pray often but usually for guidance or for something specific I know someone else needs. I'm glad that you, too, find solace in prayer. Oh, and coffee and donuts! Ignore Riot kitty and her heathen ways :-)

    ReplyDelete