Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Under the old oak tree


Oaks Park is a phenomenal place. 103 years of continuous operation and including a very cool fun park with rides, I spend many a Sunday skating in the old roller rink.

My daughter and I spent some time with friends there tonight, a bunch of girls giggling at 80s music, singing along with The Safety Dance, laughing about the hair, the clothes, the high school days. Crying about the broken promises, the broken hearts, the hills to climb. Hasppy and content and safe.

And I felt blessed by my girls - near and far.

Thanks girls, near and far, for the love.

6 comments:

  1. I never have a better time than when I'm with my daughter, my goddaughter, my stepdaughter and my three granddaugthers! The boys might be as much fun but who can ever get boys to entertain their mom/grandmom/mother-in-law?

    I envy you your day:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome photo!

    I can feel the joy in this post, and all I can say is... "Wish I was there!" with a Flock of Seagulls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this pic! You should post it on your walk page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girls just wanna have fun!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Roller skating always rules, but especially on that monstrous, rolling wood floor. Good times.

    And how can you laugh at 80s music? As they great philosopher Homer Simpson once (more or less) said, "What do you need new bands for? Music hit its peak in 1987, it's a scientific fact." (Okay, so his date was the 70s...I stand by my modification.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey great photo and glad you had so much fun! 80's music ALWAYS goes down well at my discos! Just can't beat it really!

    ReplyDelete