Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Guest blogger: Sara


Hi, everyone. Sara, my 16 year old, is guest blogger (while she eats her ice cream) and sharing about our trip. Sean will take a stab at it tomorrow. Remember, they're teenagers. You've been warned.

Night 1: Hood River, Oregon
"Is there a river here?" Yes, honey, that would be the Columbia River. The big body of water we followed here? "Who named it? There's no river named Hood here" Yes, darling, they named it after Mount Hood, to the south, and the Columbia River, to the north. Use your imagination. Are your cat ears on too tight?

I took a swim and that was nice. But this lady took a swim with us and I thought one of her boils fell off but it was my wart band-aid.

The guys at the mini mart were nice.

I like Frasier's dad in this movie.

I learn that Haagen Dazs tastes better in the middle of the night when you're in a strange place.

Carpets in hotels have strange patterns that make me dizzy.

The towels smell like smoke.

Car rides aren't as long as you'd think they'd be especially when you sing along to funny songs with my cool seatmates. *sean does a little dance*

I went dancing down the hall in flip-flops with the same two other insane monkeys (mom and Sean)

Sean says, "She has verbal diarrhea but we love her anyway."

Tomorrow we will make stick things to poke each other with at Stonehenge (Sean interjects, "why do you want to make a shiv out of wood?" and Sara replies, "Because I'll then be a primitive person in platform shoes with a shiv. Hey - who named it shiv? Where does that come from? What's the plural of shiv - shav?")

As you can see, a interesting week is ahead. Tomorrow we may actually learn something. The photo, by the way, is of Rabies, our pet monkey. He plan to travel the world. Thanks for visiting.

6 comments:

  1. Hiya Sara and yes everything just tastes better when we are on a holiday too ;) I forget all my diet plans and snack all the time :D

    Have fun and enjoyed seeing your guest blogging here.

    Bye :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the monkey. So who is in the new atavar? did you get it from Hallmark? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang on Rabies!!! This whole post is just a stitch, I love it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! My younger daughter has verbal diarrhea too. She'd like the monkey.

    Great guest post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ice cream ALWAYS tastes better in the wee hours, I agree.

    I love your guest blogger...and I want a monkey like that to take with me on road trips! (Either that or a friend named Thelma.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What is the matter with me? Somehow I missed this post and the chance to say, "Good Job Sara!" I guess you know that you have given us all many memorable quotes, i.e.: "Haagen Dazs tastes better in the middle of the night when you're in a strange place"; "Because I'll then be a primitive person in platform shoes with a shiv"; (and my favorite) "I thought one of her boils fell off"!

    ReplyDelete