Friday, August 14, 2009

We need a break


I'm taking a cue from my friend Rich and skipping the blog for a couple weeks, maybe months, maybe forever. Call it exhaustion, too many irons in the fire or something more basic - feeling I can't write anything without having to explain myself. Maybe a blog is finite and mine has run its course.

Hmmm. Or maybe it's just time for Pheromone Girl, the girl in me, to take her leave and allow someone new and different to come along. My own personal metamorphosis.

Did you know Dragonflies spend most of their lives in the larva stage (up to three years, depending on the species)? The adult, winged stage only lasts a few weeks. So when you see a winged dragonfly, you know it's toward the end of its lifespan. Sad but true.

Adieux.

12 comments:

  1. Well I hope you're just tired this week and do return to blogging soon. I'll miss your posts. I too went through a down period where I took a hiatus, but I returned refreshed and am blogging again. I hope you do the same. I also hope that you still visit the blogosphere and say hello once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please stay around though. For the brief time that I was a reader, I did find your blog very enjoyable.

    If you don't feel like writing your blog anymore, that is understandable, but please keep hanging around to visit, no matter how infrequent the visits may be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a good thing to take a week off once in a while. You will be surprised how refreshed you will become. But, YOU MUST RETURN! That's an order.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we all feel like this about our blogs from time to time. I can't see me ever giving up my blog, and I'm sure you won't be able to either.

    Have a good break, and I hope you return refreshed and ready to tell us all about your life again.

    I'll miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Understandable. Read ya' later.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We adore you, whatever you decide!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Does this sound like "Google giveth, and Google taketh away?" :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Take a break - but please come back soon! You and your blog are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Say it isn't so. I'll miss you. :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. See you in the breakroom, Rach.

    ReplyDelete