Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Joy

Today I celebrate Joy.

I saw the word 3 times on my way to work - once on a marquee, once on a bus bench, once on a car. Three of anything is good luck and means it's here to stay. Just ask my son who saw 3 El Caminos on his birthday.

I saw a girl laughing with her whole body - it made me giggle. Joy in it's purest form.

I felt it at work - for some wins, gaining some traction in a sticky situation (see - I'm learning the vernacular!) and for really, really liking my coworkers. And loving my boss and my bosses boss. Oh, and wearing killer black boots. That didn't hurt.

I heard from everyone important. I got to chat with a number of people (computer chat, not the in person kind) and feel like I stayed connected to the important people in my world.

The dog has a sliver in his foot, nothing more dramatic - or expensive. Whew. That makes me happy. Now, if he'd hold still long enough to let me remove it he could feel joyful and pain free.

A new friend that I think is very cool checked in a couple times. That brings me joy.

I left work, had a decent commute, talked to a best friend, came home to family happy to see me. And pork loin. A little extra tlc and a fabulous email. A friend thanked me for a kind deed - where no thanks was needed, my best friend and I were just sharing some of our good luck with another who isn't so lucky today. She'll be lucky tomorrow and pay it forward - with joy.

Life, my friends, is amazingly good. Can I share a little joy?

16 comments:

  1. PG, your blog posts bring all of us joy several times a week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy is always even better when shared!

    ((((((((((PG))))))))))

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bring it on, Chica...I'm all abour spreading the joy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I guess I'm not important...unless that nag about the invite counted as checking in! Sniff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not so good at spreading joy, but you are, so yeah send some my way please!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a sensational day yesterday.

    Excellent post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. JOY is one of my favorite words! enJOY your day! Did you colorize the photo above? It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice. I need some joy over here. Happy I can find... joy has been just out of reach. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing your Joy and I'm so joyous now :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Paying it forward is what makes the world go 'round.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I tried sharing Joy, but she slapped me...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Share that joy!

    Killer black boots always bring me joy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. JOy JOy JOy! Gotta love that JOy! As usual your post has made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm feelin' it PG. I would have never in a million thought that my new job as a tax auditor would give me 7 of the coolest people to work with, a boss who doesn't micromanage, and a bosses boss who thinks I walk on water. It doesn't get any better. We spend half of our lives at work. Good for you!!! Good for us!! We deserve it damn it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. thank you very much for spreading the joy!!

    ReplyDelete