Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Seasons change

It's been beautiful in Portland. Last night was the perfect night to sit out and watch the sun set, catch up with friends and enjoy summer's last few waning days. But in the back of my mind, crystal clear, is the fact that soon, the mornings will smell like Autumn. The leaves will start to change then begin their descent.


It's going to rain soon.



We get tons of rain here. I am just as affected by the dreary, grey weather as the next guy. But I get a kind of sick satisfaction when the weather turns cool, the rains come and there are, finally, puddles everywhere.



I can't imagine my world in a place without the extremes of the seasons that we see in the Pacific Northwest. Warm summer days, crisp autumn evenings, snow in the winter and some of the most beautiful colors on the planet in the spring.


Next year I will not see the spring bloom at the park, my view will be of elsewhere. There is a choice to be made and a new path to travel. Yet change is good and I spend most of my days rolling with things, allowing life to lead me steadily forward. I wonder what today will bring?


Where did I put my boots...?

13 comments:

  1. I do love the changing of the seasons too. I just wish we had a hotter summer here in the UK.

    Just as the seasons change, so do our lives. I look forward to reading the changes in your life too. I hope they are all good ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would miss the seasons if I moved to Texas, as my mother wants.
    Even the winter in Michigan has it's pleasures.

    Hmm..I want to hear more about your choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fall is definitely my favorite season. I love the changing of leaves, and the cooler weather, and Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is no one in Miami with a larger boot collection than mine. I can't wait for November!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why "sick" satisfaction? What's wrong with liking the rain?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can say with complete honesty that I had Winter and because of that I really enjoy Fall and Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you just going to leave us hanging? Where are you possibly going in the Spring and why? I sense a story to be told

    ReplyDelete
  8. PG....
    Home is where the heart is, regardless of whats going on outside.
    You have a Great Attitude.....G

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fall has a certain appeal to it for sure...

    But, more importantly, are you going somewhere next year? Do tell.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those killer black boots from the "Joy" post? I stole them.

    I love that picture of the leaves on the path!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the seasons' change as well. However I do not enjoy shoveling too much snow.

    Cheers from Boston, Rach

    ReplyDelete
  12. The seasons here in New England are much like the seasons in the Pacific Northwest.

    Home is indeed where the heart is. No matter where you go, home will always be there.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm ready for Fall, too! These photos are wonderful - love the reflection. enJOY your day!

    ReplyDelete