Monday, June 16, 2008

The Definition of Happy

The strangest thing happened yesterday... even with all the chaos and unknown in my life, I was... wait for it... HAPPY. I had coffee in the morning, helped my son make breakfast for his dad, enjoyed some silly laughter, got to see my daughter at 11am instead of 4pm, went for a walk, went for a drive, made a new neighborhood friend, pet 2 cute dogs, help my daughter make her dad an awesome dinner and dessert and even have a nap in the sunny back yard. I also mowed the lawn, filled the pond and trimmed some roses that are currently perfuming my kitchen.

Now, most people aren't going to be impressed by my somewhat boring day, but to me the best thing I can do on any given day is spend time with people I love and be outside. I live in a place that's so beautiful and I forget that sometimes. This place makes me feel calm and I'm lucky to be here.

I have friendship, a roof over my head, things to do to keep my mind sharp and lots of love. I think, for this week, my definition of happy is "life".

1 comment: